FACCI Mobile Unit
Overall objective of the project:
To ensure blood collection, guaranteeing the needs of transfusion of blood products (whole blood and platelets) required by children suffering from cancer, as a consequence of chemotherapy treatment.
- Remodeling and expansion of the Blood Bank of the Dr. Robert Reid Cabral Children’s Hospital to increase the processing capacity of the captured blood units.
- Strategic Alliance with Hemotherapy (a recognized Private Blood Bank to count on its availability 24/7)
- Manufacture of a Mobile Hemo-donation Unit.
- Conducting awareness campaigns on the voluntary donation of continuous and systematic blood.
- Carrying out events of extreme blood collections in companies and through Volunteer Donors (Brothers of Blood).
- Categorization of Companies in the Hermanos de Sangre program, in relation to commitment, disposition and involvement.
- Have a Volunteer Donor Database to provide help to those who need it in case they require it.